Saturday, May 7, 2011

Floating on air... right ?

You drift through my head, like the wind sweeping through the winter air, cold- unsatisfying.
You evade my mind, smother me, submerge me, I'm lost inside my head.
You wander, and search the ally ways of my mind, finding secrets only you could find.
You whisper words of criticism, I can feel you breathing.
You're alone inside yourself, inside my mind- you're scratching to the surface.
You eat away at my lungs, making it hard for me to breathe.
Your voice washes through me like the pounding droplets of rain,
your words slapping the sidewalks- leaving their imprints, forever tattooed into the ground.
You're disappearing now, like smoke through the air, I can see you fading away into nothingness.
You're snaking your way through the clouds, soaking up their emptiness, you're nothing now.

And now I open my eyes to the blinding light, finding in truth how alone, I am- how alone I've always been.
You lifted me up from six feet under, flew me into the clouds on your back- I let you, and of course, you left me there- on a cloud, and of course.
I fell right through.
I'm still falling, I think you keep me from hitting the ground..
for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment